Functieomschrijving Regulatory Compliance Engineer
The HSEQ & RC Department is responsible for managing all Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Regulatory Compliance activities and for the promotion of HSEQ awareness in order to contribute to the realization of the company’s goals and strategy.
As a Senior Regulatory Compliance Engineer you are responsible for performing regulatory compliance activities and for the development of a corporate RC strategy. Besides ensuring flag state and classification society approvals for the design, procurement, construction and commissioning phases of a project, you will assist in the preparation of the verification/certification and classification contracts and control all contract activities. You will coordinate all licenses, permits and consents with the applicable regulatory compliance authorities. Furthermore you will prepare all regulatory compliance procedures, philosophies and specifications required to achieve thenecessary/ applicable licenses, permits and consents. You will report to the Project Manager during participation in a project team.
We are looking for a great communicator with strong planning & organisational skills. You will offer pro-active assistance, initiate improvements.
- You have a Master degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Marine, Naval).
- Preferably over 7 years of experience in a relevant environment (e.g. Classification society).
- Experience as a Lead Auditor and Surveyor.
- Knowledge of Flag State rules, international maritime and offshore conventions (e.g. SOLAS, MARPOL), classification rules.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Able and willing to travel abroad, including to offshore installations.
- Experienced in leading teams.
Our client can be considered as a leading expert in the Oil and Gas Industry with activities all over the world. With it's head office based in the Netherlands they serve clients, operators and contractors with engineering, maintenance and project management.