Functieomschrijving Senior Process Engineer
The department is responsible for providing innovative, cost effective engineering services and solutions in all areas, ensuring a responsible approach to client requirements; international rules and regulations and HSEQ obligations in order to contribute to the
realization of the company’s goals and strategy. The Senior Process Engineer is responsible for delivering the engineering output of the process work scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. All activities will be performed in accordance with the corporate management system.
Your responsibilities can best be described as:
- Is responsible for engineering activities and delivering the engineering output on time according to the project, HSE&RC and corporate requirements;
- Reports to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a project;
- Implements the HSE&RC requirements and assists the Lead (Project) Engineer in related meetings;
- Replies to InterDiscipline checks on time;
- Replies to queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor on time;
- Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Engineering;
- Assists the Project/Lead Engineer in obtaining client and third party approval on the project;
- Assists the Project/ Lead Engineer in establishing the fabrication and construction specifications.
Additionaly you will be responsible for:
- Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section;
- Reports regularly to the Section Head Engineering on personal achievements and section matters;
- Checks work of colleagues to improve quality;
- Coaches more junior engineers;
- Correctly administrates work;
- On request of the corporate technical authority act as delegate corporate technical authority;
- Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements;
- If necessary performs activities abroad; on site or with client;
- Can be assigned to take on the role of Lead Engineer.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering, differentiation Process Technology;
- Over 8 years of relevant experience in upstream process engineering;
- English good, verbally as well as in writing;
- Computer literacy for relevant process simulation programs, discipline calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and data management;
- Experience with process engineering in concept, basic and detailed phase of a project;
- Detailed knowledge of topside concept engineering;
- Competences: planning & organization, problem analysis, creativity, discipline, immunity to stress.
Our client can be considered as a leading expert in the Oil and Gas Industry with activities all over the world. With it's head office based in the Netherlands they serve clients, operators and contractors with engineering, maintenance and project management.