Functieomschrijving Composite Manufacturing Engineer
You are responsible for developing advanced composite structures and manufacturing processes for a diverse group of clients and markets that require both existing and completely new composite applications. You know better than anyone that an efficient manufacturing process is fundamental to a successful composite product that meets all customer requirements.
As an enthusiastic, inquisitive and flexible composite process specialist, you are a great asset to our team of manufacturing engineers. You will be dedicatedly working on optimized composite solutions in terms of cost-of-energy, ease of manufacturing, time to market and product quality. You are able to work smoothly both within the Pontis team, as with teams at our customers.
The Composite Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Team leader.
- Develop composite manufacturing processes for new products
- Optimize existing manufacturing processes, to reduce cost, cycle time or improve quality
- Implement processes at customers
- Start up and support overseas production locations
- Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (Bachelor) level
- Knowledge of composites
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and in writing)
- Approx. 3 years working experience
- Willingness to travel
- Drive and creativity
- Enthusiastic and flexible character
- Willing to learn and explore new technical areas
- Team player
Our customer is a market leading and independent international company. They specialize in the development of advanced composite products for growth industries such as aerospace, wind energy and marine. From there headquarters in the Netherlands and local operations in the US and China, they bring there integrated engineering solutions to customers around the globe while focusing on the American, Asian and European markets. As our solutions must excel in innovative power, cost effectiveness and quality, the newest techniques and materials are being researched and tested at our in-house lab in Rouveen (NL) before implementation at the client. We closely cooperate with a worldwide network of material suppliers and research institutes.