Functieomschrijving (Sr)l Scientist Cancer Immunology
The Project Team Leader assumes responsibility for the translation of a therapeutic antibody candidate for cancer immunotherapy from research to clinical development, aiming to achieve clinical proof-of-concept and ultimately regulatory approval. To this purpose, he/she leads a cross-functional team of individual experts in NL, and California, representing key disciplines such as research, CMC, regulatory, quality, commercial and clinical. With the support of senior management, he/she is responsible for defining clinical development strategy, planning, budgeting and resourcing, tracking progress, and reporting internally and externally. The Project Team Leader sets a project vision with the team, identifies risks and opportunities to mitigate, motivates, delegates and communicates effectively. He/she has expertise in all phases drug development and challenges assumptions to accelerate or enhance the project where possible.
- Takes responsibility for the overall development program including timelines, resources, budget, and tracking
- Together with the project team, develops a project strategy, identifies risks and options to mitigate, leads team activities to achieve project goals in a timely and competitive fashion.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, and senior management, on project status and progress towards milestones
- Work with clinical, research, manufacturing, analytical, quality and regulatory team members and departments to ensure timelines are achieved
- Implements project management tools and appropriate systems
- Actively delegates, involving team members (incl. external consultants) and other disciplinary experts within the company to meet project goals.
- Identifies gaps in expertise and resourcing relevant to the project, advising senior management to effectively achieve resolution
- Effectively supports or leads establishing working relationship with key opinion leaders
- Reports publically at scientific, medical, patient advocacy and other meetings
The position requires an individual with broad operational experience working in a matrix organization, displaying outstanding communication skills (oral & written), creative, agile and with the ability to lead and mentor others.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a scientifically related field.
- At least 10 y experience in drug development or project management gained in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology organization
- Experience with and leadership of drug development teams, ability to effectively manage cross-functional drug development project team
- Excellent knowledge of the drug development process from preclinical to post-approval, extensive experience with antibody development in Cancer Immunotherapy or Oncology is a plus
- Strong communication (verbal, written, active listening) and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate, delegate and achieve with a cross-functional team
My client is at the forefront of discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough immunotherapies, alone or in combination, that make transformative advances in the treatment of challenging diseases. They provide a workplace where employees excel, thrive and deliver value to patients, their families and partners. Headquarter offices are located in California and international offices in The Netherlands.