Functieomschrijving Design Engineer scatterometry
You are looking for the highly dynamic environment of a new product line where you will take an active role in shaping this new application? The YieldStar is ASML’s wafer metrology tool that delivers the highest performance.
The next step for this scatterometry based tool will be to provide customers with full profile reconstruction enabling them to measure the critical dimensions (CD) of the patterns on their wafers at various stages in their processing. You can be part of this.
As an Application Design Engineer you will get the responsibility to improve Yieldstar’s capability to measure critical dimension on customer product wafers. Knowledge of the technical possibilities and its challenges will make you an expert on CD scatterometry. This knowledge enables you to find solutions for our customer metrology needs. Designing and developing solutions will be a part of your job as well as being involved in long term development together with R&D reconstruction experts.
The job consists of following activities:
- Yieldstar Metrology setup for state of the art customer semiconductor layers
- Scattrometry data analyses to identify improvement area’s in software and Way of Working
- Design, develop, evaluate and test solutions in the CD reconstruction software
- Cooperate in a constructive way with team members, R&D reconstruction experts and customer support to drive fast and pragmatic solutions for our customers.
To qualify for this position you have a Master / PhD in Physics, (applied) Mathematics or Engineering.
Preferred you have experience with critical dimensions of printed/etched features. Experience in working with Matlab is a must. Some experience in the semiconductor industry is also welcome.
- Drive to take lead in securing & coordinating your own deliverables.
- Strong analytic capability; you should be able to analyze complex datasets to identify root causes of observed issues and transfer them into generic solutions
- Result oriented attitude; be able to work with set deadlines
- Pragmatic approach and pro -active attitude
- Affinity to see the solution working at the customer
- Team player; you should be able to work efficiently in multifunctional teams
- Easy communicator; clear and open communication toward team and stakeholders
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Product Group Applications provides integrated solutions with computational, metrology and control technology for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products.
Within D&E Application the group CD (Critical Dimensions) applications covers the area of physics and mathematics development required to extract relevant metrics with required performance characteristics from the raw acquisitions, as well as the design, integration and test of new measurement functions enabling the necessary applications on and meeting the usability criteria of the metrology tool