Functieomschrijving Project Engineer
- Perform technical risk analysis using formal design engineering tools (DFMEA / GD&T / DFA / CAD / CAE / Design Reviews);
- Improve product specifications to meet first time through at production location;
- Introduce DFA improvements;
- Review and evaluate product designs concerning costs, manufacturability, quality and accessibility;
- Manage quality and accessibility of (technical) project related product documentation;
- TRI reduction and release support process drawings.
- Evaluate and analyze component and roof system quality information;
- Make recommendations based on reviewing the robust design engineering tools to determine risks.
- You have a finished degree in Mechanical Engineering / Automotive Engineering on a BsC or MsC level.
- You have between 2 and 5 years of work experience with mechanical design in Automotive OEM or Tier 1/2/3, machine construction, or high tech industry.
- We expect you to have knowledge of different engineering and manufacturing tools and techniques and that you are familiar with 3D CAD, PLM and CAE systems (CATIA / Siemens NX / Enovia, TeamCenter).
- As a professional you have a service and customer oriented approach with good analytical and organizational skills.
- As the automotive industry is focused on quality you are as well. Therefore you bring good problem solving skills with a pragmatic, self-assertive and pro-active approach.
- You have good coordinating skills.
- It is important to have strong written and verbal communication skills in English, preferably also in German and Dutch.
GD&T = Geometry, dimensions & tolerances
DFA = Design for assembly
TRI = Temporary rework instructions.
Our client designs, develops and manufactures sunroofs and open-roof systems for the automotive industry. They are a First Tier supplier for many A-brand car manufacturers around the world.