Functieomschrijving IC Architect
We are a design company specializing in mixed-signal designs for RF applications, delivering drop-in modules for IC integration or complete ICs. In order to support our drive for further growth and raising the level of complexity of our designs, we are looking for a strong IC Architect with a minimum of 8 years experience in the field.
As IC architect, you will be responsible for the definition and deployment of IP platforms at all Catena locations. These IP platforms consist of an analog subsystem and a digital subsystem tailored to the specific target application. In turn, these subsystems contain various IP modules such as RF-LNAs, mixers, synthesizers, ADCs and DACs for analog subsystems, and hardwired signal processing modules, programmable DSP cores, and peripherals for digital subsystems.
The IC architect must have a thorough understanding of IC technology and design, RF mixed signal design as well as embedded software development and must be able to effectively communicate with the involved teams of engineers from these disciplines.
Drive architecture and technology discussions with lead customers and the CTO
- Gather product requirements and distill them into a system architecture including requirement specs for the analog, digital and software parts of the design
- Develop such system architectures for complete ICs or IP modules in a mixed signal environment
- Make effort, area and performance estimations
- Interface with internal and external IP and technology providers
- Technically guide design teams through the implementation, verification and documentation phase of the project life cycle
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar
- At least 8 years of experience in mixed signal IC Design and Development
- Familiarity with radio processing (analog and digital signal processing, modulation, interference, signal imperfections, signal improvement)
- In-depth knowledge of analog design, digital design and software design
- Profound knowledge of system design (requirements management, functional decomposition, interface design)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- Good communication skills and fluent in English