Functieomschrijving Electronics development engineer/software
Software Designer Embedded Systems, Eindhoven
Do you have a broad interest in the technique and find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of various complex products for our diverse clients? Then the job of Software Designer you like a glove. A job that has a function and a great diversity found in the customers and products we develop for our clients. This is a win-win situation: You're a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for initiative and eventually various career opportunities.
Where you will work as a Software Designer Embedded Systems?
Company is a decentralized and therefore effective organization consisting of a holding company with twelve operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We believe not only our customer service is important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2500 colleagues around the world. Creativity and job satisfaction are important to us and we place great importance on personal relationships with customers. We believe that genuine interest in people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more pleasant. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative partnership, promise is a promise and enthusiasm.
What do you do as a Software Designer Embedded Systems?
As a Software Designer make part of the group Design and Engineering in the Department of Embedded Systems. You are (partly) responsible for the embedded software solutions and part of the electronics that we develop in collaboration with our customers and produce. In your position you hold an intermediairrol between the customer and the department and is a frequent customer contact is a must. By asking the right questions you will get the client desires on the table so we can offer a solution that more than meets the customer's needs. In this role you will work sometimes with the Electro-Mechanics and the Mechanics team.
Your tasks include further:
- the development of embedded software according to the specifications;
- unwinding assigned work according to schedule;
- be aware and remain present, development tools and methods;
- assisting in release of the mature products, in particular for the test tooling working with and in accordance with (internal) encryption standards;
- participating in project teams;
- working on location Eindhoven;
- liaising with relevant suppliers
- liaising with clients whether or not aimed at an ongoing project;
- have access to the latest knowledge in your field and you know to update it further and apply it appropriately.
What we ask of you as Software Designer Embedded Systems?
First you communicative and social skills. You know, both with colleagues, suppliers and customers to maintain good contacts and knows what is going on with the various parties. To get things clear, you are able to listen well and to ask that you have the right information. You have a broad interest and experience in the art of both hardware and especially software for embedded systems design. It's for you goes without saying that when you stay in the developments of your field. You are able to work in a team but also independently able to safely perform your job. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that you designs are made as optimally as possible and accurately.
Furthermore, we ask:
- a bachelor / university degree in electronics or similar;
- 2 to 10 years work experience in a relevant function eg software designer or engineer;
- Knowledge of software development tools (for example, IAR, Keil, Eclipse);
- knowledge of - and experience with programming languages, for example, C / C ++, Java, VB.net;
- Knowledge of and experience in OS and event-based software applications;
- knowledge of - and experience with software design methodologies, for example, Jordan, UML, OSI model;
- Knowledge of and experience with wireless technologies (WiFi, BT, mobile network) is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with hardware and able to build various hardware environments board support package;
- Good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- Good communication and writing in English;
- willingness to perform work on-site at our customers.