Functieomschrijving Senior Instrumentation Engineer
The Senior Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for delivering the engineering output of the instrumentation work scope of any type of job, in line with the project’s technical specification, budget and planning. All activities will be performed in accordance with the Corporate Management System.
- Is responsible for engineering activities and delivering the engineering output on time according to the project, HSEQ&RC and corporate requirements.
- Reports to the Lead (Project) Engineer on progress, set backs and concerns when assigned to a project.
- Implements the HSEQ&RC requirements and assists the Lead (Project) Engineer in related meetings.
- Replies to InterDiscipline checks on time.
- Replies to queries from site, client, certifying authority and vendor on time.
- Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Engineering.
- Assists the Project/ Lead Engineer in obtaining client and third party approval on the project.
- Keeps knowledge and procedures up-to-date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section.
- Reports regularly to the Section Head Engineering on personal achievements and section matters.
- Checks work of colleagues to improve quality.
- Coaches more junior engineers.
- Correctly administrates work.
- On request of the corporate technical authority act as delegate corporate technical authority.
- Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements.
- If necessary performs activities abroad; on site or with client.
- Can be assigned to take on the role of Lead Engineer.
- Can be assigned to take on the role of Database Coordinator.
- Special focus/tasks in this role: Preparations of instrumentation related spec's and datasheet, flow metering, control valves, cause & effects, SIL, ICSS related work.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent such as Control Engineering.
- Over 8 years of relevant experience in instrumentation engineering.
- English good, verbally as well as in writing.
- Computer literacy for discipline calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and wiring software.
- Planning & organization
- Problem analysis
- Immunity to stress
Our client can be considered as a leading expert in the Oil and Gas Industry with activities all over the world. With it's head office based in the Netherlands they serve clients, operators and contractors with engineering, maintenance and project management.