Functieomschrijving Control System Owner Hardware automotive
The department Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development of electronic vehicle systems. The foundations of these systems (hardware and base software) are developed together with several automotive suppliers. The appropriate application software is defined and implemented by a dedicated software team within Embedded Engineering.
We are looking for an ambitious Control System Owner Hardware with profound automotive knowledge. Together with the System Architect, Control System Owner Software and the Platform Lead Engineer you’ll work on our next generation instrument cluster and in-vehicle infotainment system..
As Control System Owner Hardware you are responsible for the
- Definition and management of hardware and base software requirements throughout the development cycle and after release to production (SOP)
- Coordination of validation activities, support in defect analysis and resolution planning with appropriate stakeholders
- Creation of development deliverables according Product Creation Process (PCP)
- Alignment with all internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Software Team, Marketing, After Sales, Manufacturing , Purchasing and Supplier)
- Preparation of system documentation for release to Manufacturing and After Sales
- Bachelor / Master in Electrical Engineering or Automotive Technology
- 5+ years of experience in Embedded Systems development and knowledge of
o Automotive safety (ISO 26262)
o In-vehicle communication (CAN/LIN) and Diagnostics (UDS)
o Infotainment platforms incl. instrument panels and secondary screens
o Development processes (SPICE/CMMI) and methods (Design For Six Sigma)
- Competences to plan and organize all work packages related to your system and monitor progress during development (internal and from supplier)
- Strong in communication and collaboration across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skills
- Fluent English language required, Dutch verbal and written preferred
In this role you’ll be reporting to the supervisor of the Hardware team and the responsible Platform Lead Engineer (Line/Project matrix organization).