Functieomschrijving Mechanical design engineer engines
In this function you report to the supervisor of the base engine group and Project lead engineer of the running business project team. The running business team is responsible for maintaining the engines currently in production. In this team you have a variety of responsibilities:
- In cooperation with designers and mechanical component experts you develop new or adapt existing Constructions for the Base Engine platforms by market wishes and / or technical reasons.
- Your focus is functionality, reliability, quality, robustness, manufacturability. You are leading in technical know how, solution validation program and defining this together with mechanical experts, the CAE and engine test department. You analyse results and make detailed technical proposals.
- You work closely together with service and testing to quickly analyse and resolve
- Working method: Working according Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Bachelor or master degree on mechanical or engine engineering
- Capable of fast in dept expertise knowledge built-up
- Engine component and system knowledge
- Used to handle multiple problem projects, you can handle the resulting stress.
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.
- Clear communication [both verbal as presentation wise]
- Pro-Active and result driven,
- Good organisational skills
- Automotive [Engine Hardware] knowledge is a Pre
Running Business design engineer
Company: DAF Product Development Engines
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers.
The department Engine Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine concepts and maintaining the in-production engine families. The department is split in 4 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries. For the base engine group we have an open position for a engine development engineer in the running business group.