Functieomschrijving Lead Mechanical Engineer
Within this role you will be responsible for delivering engineering output for large modifications. Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the feasibility of product designs in mechanical terms (process lines, transport lines, drums, pumps, etc.);
- Developing and elaborating ideas regarding the approach to be taken;
- Drawing up and explaining the technical specifications for suppliers or potential suppliers
- Evaluating tender bids in terms of materials to be purchased
- Ensuring the process schematics (including for process flow) are worked out
- Drafting specifications, project implementation plan and preparing installation drawings and sketches
- Studying third parties’ technical specifications, testing them for conformity to the mechanical specifications and requirements in place
- Checking proposed plant changes in mechanical terms; testing them for conformity to mechanical specifications and requirements in place
- Providing guidance to the outsourced engineering tasks, checking the drawings and specifications delivered
- Checking the drawings, documentation and certification
- Guiding through the commissioning of installations and equipment
- Receiving technical queries and problem reports via the production, operations support and construction departments.
- Evaluating the necessary modifications to installations and giving notice of such; ensuring a structural solution
- Analysing the mechanical prerequisites of new projects
- Evaluating conceptual designs for feasibility, maintainability and operation
Estimated starting date for this role is July 2017.
- Relevant BSc degree (mechanical engineering)
- A minimum of 5 year experience from a relevant field/ disciplines
- Deep knowledge of the discipline area, the E&P business and Oil & Gas industry;
- Willigness and fitness for offshore travel
Our client is an international and leading company within the oil and gas industry.