Functieomschrijving Senior Mechatronics Engineer/Control engineer
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Contribute to the design of the mechatronics architecture of a module.
Responsible for servo control and/or total performance of the mechatronics modules such as Waferstage, Projection Optics Box (POB), Illuminator and Reticle Masking module. Meaning specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration and test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on servo control performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshoot.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of a mechatronics module
- Lead, coach and develop employees within the team
- Has specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software (rapid prototyping), mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Modeling and optimizing of servo control loops
- support of the opto-mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results
Technical University masters/PhD in control engineering (Mechanical / Electrical engineering )
At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry.
Experience with modeling of servo control systems. Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
Team player. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
Position in the Organization:
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.