Functieomschrijving SENIOR MECHATRONIC ENGINEER FOR INTELLIGENT MACHINES AND VEHICLES RESEARCH
You set up research projects with top companies and investigate how to increase the intelligence of their products (machines/vehicles).
For companies that manufacture smart and highly automated machines and vehicles, we conduct technological research to strengthen the companies’ product and process innovation. Our researchers help companies in making high-performance, flexible and autonomous machines and vehicles by
- creating simulation models of the machine’s/vehicle’s behaviour;
- using these models for analyzing the system’s performance, optimizing the design configuration and parameters;
- building prototypes of these machines and vehicles;
- developing control algorithms and implementing these algorithms into controller software validating the developed (components in) machines and vehicles and their controllers in real-life test conditions.
As an expert in machine and vehicle modelling, control and simulation, you:
- Take the technical lead of a research team, combining expertise in dynamics, control and model based mechatronic system engineering;
- Are a technological sparring partner for the companies;
- Work together with account managers and research program leaders, understanding company needs and setting research goals.
- Define the technological challenges and needs before the project starts. With active listening techniques you reveal the underlying technological problem of the company;
- Set realistic project goals and timings;
- Perform research close to your own expertise and lead the project execution for the team;
- Regularly discuss the technological ambitions and results with the company stakeholders;
- Actively trace and present industrial challenges and research opportunities. You help others with your expertise in writing project proposals.
NDUSTRIAL INNOVATOR WITH A CONCEPTUAL MIND
- PhD in Engineering (Mechatronics (Mech., Electr., Electron.), Modelling & Simulation, Control systems, Robotics, ..);
- Track record of 2 to 10 years in engineering, preferably in an industrial setting;
- Broad knowledge in smart and interconnected machines and/or vehicles (machine and/or vehicle dynamics and motion control, modelling, signal processing, control algorithms, system simulation, sensors and actuators, instrumentation,..);
- Experience in leading projects and teams;
- A conceptual thinker inspired by research problems and new technologies;
- A good listener and communicator who can build sustainable relationships;
- Result driven and pro-active;
- Open minded;
- A team player.
We offer you
- The opportunity to develop pre-competitive research within the next-generation vehicle technologies, together with Flemish and European companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open minded and flexible working environment;
- An attractive salary with additional fringe benefits.
Bram Boogers, email@example.com