Functieomschrijving competence Engineer Mechanical Engineering
Are you eager to improve the quality of our machines? To be part of a competence team to steer the water designs in ASML, with your senior expertise, to the desired quality level. If so, then a job of competence engineer with the water review team will be a nice next step for you.
You will be responsible for the validation of water designs in the ASML DUV- and EUV-machines. The work consists of the review of new and existing designs based on the best practices know within the competence. Validate lessons learned from factory/field issues, and create, with the new insights new design guidelines. You will be part of a team and align with multiple projects and steer on the final design of the water parts with in mind performance, reliability, robustness and cost.
- Create overview of all new water related designs (IT software/tooling available) and identify the risks.
- Review the design in depth and steer for the best practices.
- Log non-conformities.
- Update technical guidelines for new designs.
- Participate in escalations to troubleshoot (root cause analysis/solution).
- Be part of the “water leak tight system” team and align with (internal) customers and suppliers.
- If needed, steer new designers in making high quality designs.
- Advise in testing new water designs (e.g. leak testing, qualification test).
Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Solid design experience (at least 5 years) in relevant (F&T) industry specific on water designs.
- Experience with NX (unigraphics) or similar CAD program preferred.
- Knowledge with corrosion related to water applications.
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a dynamic environment.
- Robust personality is a must.
- Strong pragmatic and proactive attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English language.
Context of the position
The department of Environmental Control & Infrastructure (EC&I) is part of the hardware cluster within the development and engineering sector of ASML. The task of this department is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.