Functieomschrijving Engineer E&I
The Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for delivering the engineering output of the electrical work scope in line with the technical specification, budget and planning. Furthermore you are also responsible for provision of day-to-day support to operating assets and support to projects where and when required. In this position you report to the Department Head Operations Technical Management. The Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer assist the Asset Teams in obtaining client and third party
approval and liaise with Vendors within the discipline if required. You assist during the procurement- and construction phase the Asset Teams in vendor/(sub)contractor selection, definition of and participation in inspections and review of marine systems related documentation. On request of the De-partment Head or Corporate Technical Authority you will act as technical advisor. All activities will be performed in accordance with the corporate management system.
An excellent communicator with strong analytical, planning & organisational skills.
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in electrical and/or instrumentation Engineering;
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in electrical and/or instrumentation engineering;
- Over 3 years in organization supporting operating assets;
- Knowledge of high voltage and of relevant codes and standards;
- Experience with commissioning of electrical systems;
- Computer literacy for discipline related calculations and document processing;
- Good understanding of a multicultural, 24/7 production environment;
- Willingness to travel (occasional visits to offshore facilities and to base offices).
Our client can be considered as a leading expert in the Oil and Gas Industry with activities all over the world. With it's head office based in the Netherlands they serve clients, operators and contractors with engineering, maintenance and project management.