Functieomschrijving Project Engineer
The role of the Project Engineer (PE) is to assist the Project management organization to plan and execute a portfolio of critical capital projects, in support of Operations in continental Europe and UK. The PE will develop and utilize Project Management templates and tools, as well as serve as process owner for the Project Management process for capital projects. The role will lead critical projects, or may serve as a consultant to support Site Leaders in the execution of smaller projects. The PE is responsible for the overall project coordination; components of this responsibility include follow up on implementation of actions, control, documentation and completion of projects while ensuring the company’s culture, core values and strategy is maintained. The PE will also serve as “lead Engineer” on the projects they manage. This may include detailed design work or direct hands on leadership of external Architectural and Engineering resources.
- Provide leadership on the planning and implementation of the project
- Set up a project plan which defines the scope, objectives and goals of the project
- Plan, schedule and monitor project timelines and milestone achievement
- Coordinate scheduling and reporting with the project team
- Monitor the project budget, make critical decisions to manage to project budgets or escalate as appropriate.
- Routinely monitor and report on the progress of the assigned project to all stakeholders involved
- Coordinate with critical support groups to ensure adherence to regulatory and Quality requirements
- Report and manage project changes
- Initiate and follow up on the change control process where necessary
- Evaluate the project - together with project team members – to define the lessons learned before closing the project
- Develop detailed design solutions for capital projects including critical building systems (Electrical, water systems, building renovations, etc.)
- Serve as company expert in key building systems and equipment, along with the rest of the Engineering team.
- Evaluate and maintain full project portfolio of capital projects for Europe and UK.
- Development and approval of detailed business cases and capital requests for capital projects.
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Engineering
Certification in Project Management preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Engineering role in a Production environment, at least 3 of which include experience in Animal Research or Breeding facilities or Pharmaceutical/Devices production.
Knowledge of facility requirements in a regulated environment
Deep understanding of facility commissioning/qualification and change control.
Experience in project management in a global environment.
Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
Able to demonstrate a track record of managing multiple projects to a successful and timely conclusion, while maintaining adherence to budgetary requirements (where appropriate)
Strong familiarity with project management software (MS Project, Visio) and MS Office
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Up to 50% travel