Functieomschrijving Quality Engineer
Goal of the function
Monitors and drive quality and compliance in his/her unit to reduce cost-of-non-quality and to improve lean operations
The quality engineer is part of the Q&R organization and reports into the manager quality assurance engineering
Key areas of responsibility
- Setup and drive the quality improvement plan for his unit, in such a way that it actively contributes to a “Lean and compliant” roadmap and the quality of the product (internally as well as externally) improves.
- Taking charge and participate in multidisciplinary (DMAIC) improvement project with an operations scope or within own unit.
- Proactively participate in daily direction of “own” unit (MRB/Q-Gemba, operational control)
- Structural managing of product quality in “own” unit(s) (4BL approach)
- Maintaining and improving of used Quality tools and techniques
- Performs audits in the unit on applicable procedures, regulations and instructions. (weekly assessments)
- Proposes corrective measures for the audit findings in “own” unit and follows progress Stimulates and implements 6-sigma tools: CTQ’s, FMEA’s Control-plan, PPAP, CpK’s , run-charts, 5S etc.
- Checks corrective and preventive measures that have been taken in SAP QM and closes the Quality notification.
- Reviews and approves DHR before final release
- Reviews and approves DMR and DHF before release
- Supports timely and correct closure of CAPA’s and ensures compliancy in his unit
- Monitoring of Quality of incoming goods, and the improvement of those goods
- Colleagues from the operational team together (cross-functional) to manage the unit: Unit engineer, procurement, unit manager, shop floor controller, engineers and testers.
- Supplier quality engineers: in case of structural problems with a supplier, should coordinate with the supplier quality engineer a remedial / escalation process started and followed.
- Development: LCM (Life Cycle Management) and in project teams.
- Manufacturing engineering
- Suppliers, in consultation with SQE
- Rejection Handlers
- Key Markets, Field service engineers, Global customer service.
Skills and competencies
- MBO +/ HBO level (mechanics or electronics)
- Knowledge of 6-sigma tools: CTQ's, FMEA's, Control plan, PPAP, Cpk's, run charts, 5S, etc.
- Greenbelt (DMAIC)
- Has a zero-defects mindset.
- Team player
- Strong in Dutch and English in wording and writing
Are you interested in this job opportunity? Please get in contact with the Diego Sanz Lopez via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31(0)6 30741713