Functieomschrijving Moulds engineer
Being part of the product development team, you will be co-developing new products and be responsible for developing the needed moulds to produce these products.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with Manager Product Development & Innovation and relevant colleagues
- Communicate, in collaboration with Manager Product Development & Innovation, with customers and sub-contractors about all Moulds related technical matters and resources
- Work up of new requests
- Translate customer specifications in project design specifications and make a (draft) design
- Ensure efficient mould scheduling (new moulds and changes in existing moulds) which will meet the project planning.
- Review the mould schedule with manager, relevant colleagues, sub- contractors and customer (conference calls, visits etc.) that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Be actively involved in brainstorm sessions, out of the box thinking, idea generation exercises, etc., together with relevant colleagues, customers, sales & marketing colleague’s and participate and/or take the lead in the follow up projects.
Implement and control
- Communicate in close cooperation with manager and relevant colleagues about the implementation of design drawings and specifications
- Support the Product Development Engineers (feasibility, follow up of procedures (like exchange of information between mould shop, quality department, production, suppliers, sales and planning)
- Supervise the process from a prototype mould up to and including the tests and the release for production.
- Continuously improve and apply the specific knowledge in relation with product development.
- Inspect produced moulds to ensure that the quality is according the agreed specifications
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as defined in the scope
- MBO/HBO educational background in mechanical engineering
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Have knowledge of 3D CAD software (Siemens NX, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks. NX is preferred)
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel for short periods of time
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and establishing personal networks
Onze opdrachtgever ontwikkelt, produceert en verkoopt milieuvriendelijk verpakkingsmateriaal van vormkarton voor o.a. eieren, fruit, groenten en industriële producten. De producten worden zowel op de binnenlandse als de buitenlandse markt afgezet. Onze opdrachtgever in Nederland staat met haar ruim 200 medewerkers voor kwaliteit, flexibiliteit en innovatie.