« Terug naar het vacature overzicht
Vacature Materials and Process Specialist metal
Functieomschrijving Materials and Process Specialist metal
DAF Trucks is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe. We are successful because the wishes and requirements of our customers are decisive for the development of our products. Product development at DAF takes place in an inspiring and challenging high-tech environment. The Central Laboratory department is responsible for specifying materials and processes used in DAF trucks and for exploring new technologies on material and process area for DAF. Work involves 80% physical testing and 20% chemical testing.
The Central Laboratory department is responsible for specifying materials and processes that are used in DAF Trucks and exploring and transferring new technologies to material and process area for DAF.
As Specialist Materials and Processes - Metal you are responsible with a team of specialists for the development, maintenance and dissemination of metallurgical knowledge for the entire DAF organization, from product development, purchasing and supplier quality to production and service. You actively participate in the development of new trucks, solving field problems and setting up and optimizing production processes at DAF and its suppliers. You maintain contacts with internal customers and stakeholders, external knowledge institutes and suppliers and further develop this network. You identify opportunities for DAF in the field of technology and initiate and coordinate projects on them. You are able to report at management level.
- Developing, maintaining and distributing metallurgical knowledge for the entire DAF organization, from product development, procurement and supplier quality to production for BIW.
- Metallurgical evaluations of spot welding high strength steel and Magi-Zinc coated steel sheets along with problems related to liquid metal embrittlement.
- Tribaloy T400 metallurgical investigations (RCFA) for push rods in Turbochargers
- Signing up for technical opportunities; initiate and coordinate new projects (e.g. hydroforming for exhaust, new high strength steel for CABIN and Nano HSLA for Chassis).
- Responsible for the technical content of material and process standards related to this field within DAF for Body-In-White.
- Working in close collaborations with steel suppliers and writing technical metallurgical reports and internal DAF standards.
You are also responsible for the technical content of material and process standards related to this field within DAF.
For this position, we would like to get in contact with candidates who have a Master degree in material science or metallurgy with specific interest in materials and production technologies in relation to body in white and a strong affinity with product development. You have knowledge of the behavior of metals and the influence of the production process on functional properties and can advise on material use, production methods, simulations to be performed and / or experiments. You have knowledge of relevant metallurgical analysis and measurement methods and possess knowledge in the field of damage analysis. You are independent and proactive but know how to bind multidisciplinary teams and lead them in a project. You work in a project-based and analytical way and you are decisive, enthusiastic and have a passionate collegial attitude. Good communication skills and knowledge in word and writing of English, German is an pre.
« Terug naar het vacature overzicht